Just keep running...

Tuesday

Ugh!

Today is Wednesday. It's also payday for the military (and probably a lot of other people, too) but that's not really the point. Well, maybe it is. For some reason I decided to do an extended workout today. I started out just fine. I stretched, warmed up on an elliptical machine, and then stretched some more. I hit the weights for my shoulders and arms with wide grip pulldowns and seated rows, adding in push-ups in between each set. Then I did some curls to try and work on these lame biceps of mine. Then I went crazy. I hit the treadmill and programmed a workout for 60 minutes. I must have been high or something, but I figured that if I was only going to run once a day, I may as well make the most of it. Plus, the CCTV was showing "Braveheart" so that was cool. I ran and ran and kept running. Finally, at 45 minutes, my legs began to chafe so I had to decide. Do I keep running to finish the program and be in some serious pain for a couple of days? No. I stopped there, but the damage had been done. I've managed to rub my thighs raw from the friction caused by running 5 miles. Normally, when I'm not on ship, I wear longer shorts to help prevent that, but I didn't think of that before I started. Still, I managed to get in those five miles, so I'm pretty stoked about that. I think I'm going to do a light workout tomorrow and then try to simulate a PFT on Friday. That would be dead hang pull-ups, crunches, and a timed 3 mile run, if there's anyone reading this who doesn't know what a Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test is. Anyway, I need to get some new shoes when I get back to Okinawa. I may be able to hold off on that until I get my clothing allowance in Feb, but I'm not sure. Have a great Hump Day, y'all!

No comments: