Just keep running...

Saturday

gotta start somewhere

Veterans Day is traditionally a time to reflect on the sacrifices made by those who have put their lives on the line to defend our nation and uphold the principles that make her great. I have come to the conclusion that if I wait until January to start taking better care of myself, I am going to look like a bag of donuts before too long and I don't want that. I've gone into a longer soliloquy about this on my original blog, so I won't belabor the point. So, instead of waiting for the traditional new year to make a resolution or two, I've decided to start today, on Veterans Day. I am going to run every day except Sunday. I will track the results in the ticker you see at the top of the page. I will probably add tickers over the course of the year as I train for races held on base and in the community around where I live (when I'm not deployed). I will add links to these events... at least until I can figure out how to get AdSense to work properly. My wife seems to have figured it out, but I can't get it. Anyway, I hope to see you back soon. I'm going to keep tweaking the template for a little while. If anyone knows of a free running theme template, please let me know.

1 comment:

Jen said...

"I was running" haha. Guess there's no real way to make it sound like Forest when you're typing.

♥ Jenai