Just keep running...

Thursday

on your marks... get set... here we go!

I brought a book/magazine with me out here to help with the LG4J plan. I read it again yesterday and decided that since I have the time, now would be a good time to get started on their 8 week program. It's published by Men's Health and what they did was get several of their staff of various body types, ages, workout habits, etc. and give them personalized training for 8 weeks. Well, as luck has it they have a guy who started the program at 222 pounds and ended at 204. He's 6' 2" and 32 years old. I decided to follow his regimen for 8 weeks to see if I could achieve similar results. I started that today with an upper body workout followed by a run on a treadmill. Suprisingly, I actually feel pretty good so far. We'll see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow. Anyway, since I didn't run yesterday there's no credit for miles but since I went to the gym on Tuesday and it's about a mile from my living space, I've added that distance in to the tracker. We're off and running. We'll see what happens over the next 8 weeks.

I've been eating pretty good at the DFAC. The last thing I want to do is waste my physical activity by eating junk, right?

BTW, Jen and I have talked about it and since she wants to be surprised by my 'new' physique when I get home I probably won't be posting many pictures of myself during this deployment... at least, not in PT gear. Since cammies aren't exactly flattering, I'll probably have some shots on my main blog. We'll see.

No comments: